Available Programs, Visas and the Application Process for Parents and Grandparents
Location/Format: Video CPD - 3 Hours
Presented By: Ms. Panya (Praskovia) Jain (RCIC)
This video seminar/workshop is designed to cover the process of TRV, Super visa and PR (Sponsorship) for parents and grandparents in Canada and overseas/outside of Canada.
I. Learning Expectations/Goals for the Seminar
1. The learners will understand the steps and key concepts when assisting clients with the applications for TRV, inland and overseas for postsecondary educational institutions and a variety of programs.
2. The learners will understand the key terminology and how it is applied to a variety of the applications.
II. Terminology and the key concepts for the seminar
- Foreign national
- Parents and grandparents as a Class
- Proof of Financial ability as a Guarantor
- Letter of Invitation
- LICO and the time requirement
- Sponsors and co-sponsors
- Sponsorship obligations
- Eligibility for PR
- H and C applications and grounds
- Implied status
- Dual Intent: Super visa and PR
- Application deadlines
- Processing times
- Country-specific instructions
Assessing Clients’ Eligibility
1. Parent/Grandparent Specific: length and type of the visa/program, program intake/requirements, Proof of Funds, proof of accommodation and basic needs, Medical Insurance.
2. General: Inadmissibility, Inland/outland, dependents, status in Canada, Financial/funds, medical exam and biometrics, length of validity of the passport, age, etc.
Application Process in Detail
1. How to consult the clients: the complete approach to TRV and PR immigration pathways.
2. TRV, Super Visa, Sponsorship for PR (Interest to sponsor form, 2020 process to be announced soon), overseas and Inland Application Process
3. The Application Process and the Deadlines. Eligibility of the sponsor in Canada, LICO and undertaking.
4. H and C process and what is the background.
5. What are the key elements of each application and how to present the application to gain the approval?
6. When to select/eligibility for eTA, TRV, supervise, parental sponsorship or H and C application.
This seminar is designed for licensed paralegals and Immigration Consultants; some lawyers will also be in attendance.· Live-webcast format: Attendees in live webcast will have an opportunity to interact with colleagues
and educator(s)/presenter(s), ask questions and seek feedback during the live program.
· DVD/Video Format: Attendees will also have an opportunity to interact with each other and the
instructor after the live session via a live interactive web forum at no extra cost.