Study Permit Applications: Common Mistakes and How to Address the Refusals
Accreditation Status:LSBC Approved ICCRC Approved
Location/Format: Video CPD
Educator(s): Ms. Panya (Praskovia) Jain (RCIC)
This program is eligible for up to _3_ CPD Hours
Learning Expectations/Goals for the Seminar and Terminology
- Student Direct Stream and SP Medical and Educational Fields: Eligibility for International Students
- Language Proficiency
- LOA and Proof of Payment
- Minors in Canada and Guardianship
- Medical Insurance Medical Exams and Biometrics Country Specific Instructions Online and Paper Applications
- Financial Guarantee and Guarantor
- Accommodation and Basic Needs Misrepresentation
- WP and Work Eligibility for Students on SP
- Co-op programs, Internships and Apprenticeships
Assessing Clients’ Eligibility (PREQUALIFYING)
1.Student Specific: DLI, length and type of the program, NOC, current points and program intake/requirements, client specific points, etc.
2.General: Inadmissibility, Inland/outland, dependents, status in Canada, funds, work experience, age, etc.
How to Approach Mistakes and Refusals:
- Proactive: Submission Letter to outline all the points
- Common Mistakes: DLI, Age, Custody, Financials, Language Benchmarks, Timing, Criminal Check
- Country Specific Instructions not Followed
- Financial Guarantee/Guarantor
- Incomplete LOA: Dates, Financial,, Length, Type of a Program
- Family Members: When to put the Application Together?
Refusals and How to Address Them (Retroactive):
- Refusal Grounds: Financial, Immigration, Medical,
Inadmissibility, Misrepresentation, Errors in Paperwork,
- Appeal or Reapply?
- Submission Letter: How to Present and Address the Refusal in a New
- Our Fees: How to Approach if Resubmission is Selected, Legal Implications andthe New Contract
- When to Cease the Representation?
This seminar is designed for licensed paralegals and Immigration Consultants; some lawyers will also be in attendance.
· Live-webcast format: Attendees in live webcast will have an opportunity to interact with colleagues
and educator(s)/presenter(s), ask questions and seek feedback during the live program.
· DVD/Video Format: Attendees will also have an opportunity to interact with each other and the
instructor after the live session via a live interactive web forum at no extra cost.