All about Students: Immigration and Application Updates for 2020
Location/Format: Video CPD
Presented By: Ms. Panya (Praskovia) Jain (RCIC)
This video seminar/workshop is designed to cover the comprehensive process of SP/PR applications for post secondary international students in Canada and overseas and the current immigration updates.
1. The learners will understand the steps and key concepts when assisting clients (international students) with the SP/PR applications inland and overseas.
2. The learners will understand the key terminology and how it is used for SP/PR applications.
II. Terminology and the key concepts
- International Students as a Class
- Student Direct Stream
- Non-Direct Stream Study Permits
- Co-op programs, Internships and Apprenticeships
- Proof of Financial ability or a Guarantor, grants
- LOA and Proof of Payment, Tuition Payments for International Students
- Postsecondary students-Minors in Canada: Guardian (Custodian)
- Change of Programs while on a SP
- Change of Status while on SP and what it implies
- Educational consultants and agents
- Grants, bursaries, scholarships.
II. Application Process in Detail
1. How to assess the students for the complete approach to educational and immigration pathway.
2. Direct stream, overseas and Inland Application Process
3. Post secondary institutions programs, the Application Process and the Deadlines. Eligibility of the secondary or post secondary education to attend a program in Canada, IELTS and other tests.
4. What are the key elements of the SP application and how to present the application to gain the approval?
5. DLI, LOA, Tuition payment and other key components of the application.
6. The SP application and how it affects the WP, PGWP and PR applications: type of educational and or immigration program, duration, province.
This seminar is designed for licensed paralegals and Immigration Consultants; some lawyers will also be in attendance.· Live-webcast format: Attendees in live webcast will have an opportunity to interact with colleagues
and educator(s)/presenter(s), ask questions and seek feedback during the live program.
· DVD/Video Format: Attendees will also have an opportunity to interact with each other and the
instructor after the live session via a live interactive web forum at no extra cost.